Our Volunteers are the Heart of Meals 4 Health & Healing
When you join our Meals 4 Health & Healing program as a teen volunteer (ages 13+), you will experience a community that revolves around learning, growing, and giving back to others. Every week, you will work with other volunteers to prepare beautiful, delicious, and nourishing meals for families dealing with cancer.
Opportunities to Give Back Include:
- Kitchen Crew (Monday/Tuesday)
- Publicity/Community Outreach
What We Ask of You:
- Volunteer for at least 6 hours a month
- Commit to at least 3 months of service
- Dependability – once you commit to a shift, we are counting on you to be there to help get the work done! Please contact Susan at (615) 512-0975 and email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours in advance if you need to reschedule your shift.
Interested in Joining Us?
Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator (email@example.com) to fill out our Volunteer Application. We will work with you to find the perfect place for you. Each volunteer will attend an orientation and training at the Meals 4 Health & Healing Kitchen which will acquaint you with the program and responsibilities associated with your commitment.
I am a volunteer and it is a great program! The people are so lovely and friendly, and it’s never hard to get along with anyone. The meals are super easy to prepare, and if you have any questions, the chefs are open and helpful. The food that we make is healthy, and it’s very delicious. (Which may be surprising since many of us have come to think that healthy =/= tasty.) Being at is not only fun, but also educational. I’m constantly learning new things about chemotherapy or nutrition and the like. M2H is definitely a positive influence, and it’s certainly something to look forward to on Tuesdays. So far I can say it has been a wonderful experience! –Teen Haley D.