Our Volunteers are the Heart of Meals 4 Health & Healing
When you join our Meals 4 Health & Healing program as a teen volunteer (ages 13+), you will experience a community that revolves around learning, growing, and giving back to others. Every week, you will work with other volunteers to prepare beautiful, delicious, and nourishing meals for families dealing with cancer.
Opportunities to Give Back Include:
- Kitchen Crew (Monday/Tuesday)
- Publicity/Community Outreach
What We Ask of You:
- Volunteer for at least 6 hours a month
- Commit to at least 3 months of service
- Dependability – once you commit to a shift, we are counting on you to be there to help get the work done! Please contact Bijal at (615) 730-5632 and email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours in advance if you need to reschedule your shift.
Interested in Joining Us?
Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator (email@example.com) to fill out our Volunteer Application. We will work with you to find the perfect place for you. Each volunteer will attend an orientation and training at the Meals 4 Health & Healing Kitchen which will acquaint you with the program and responsibilities associated with your commitment.
“From the moment I began volunteering at Heimerdinger, it had been a perfect blend of my passions for service and cooking, and something I look forward to on Tuesdays. Their mission to provide nutrient rich meals to those facing cancer has not only brought joy to many lives, but also impacted my life for the better. Each week I learn about nutritious food and how it impacts the body, all while enjoying community and developing cooking skills in the kitchen.Being a Teen Chef at the Heimerdinger has left a permanent impact on my life now and for the future, as I carry the philosophy of ‘food as medicine’ to serve and nourish others wherever I go.”
–Teen Ashlyn A.